Apprentices & Trainees
MBA Group Training offers a unique alternative for school leavers, and delivers a scheme which ensures the sustainability of youth employment and training in the Hunter.
Don’t pay, get paid.
Combining the knowledge, expertise and theory of uni (but without the HECS debt), with the hands-on experience and training you’d get from a 9 to 5 job, MBA Group Training apprenticeships offer the most practical step between school and the workforce.
As a MBA apprentice, you will undertake practical employment, working in the field of your choosing. You will receive assistance, understanding and support.
This is not year 10 work experience. The work – and the money – is real.
Throughout the period of your employment, you will gain additional knowledge and skills (applicable to your career) through accredited TAFE courses. Learn in an environment where everyone is on the same wavelength, in the same industry, and with the same interests as you.
Gain the competitive advantage to give you an edge in your vocation.
MBA Group Training delivers job satisfaction and the knowledge that you’ve already begun to climb the corporate ladder. The scheme allows for flexibility in working conditions, and job rotation for multi-skilling.
Still at school?
You can even begin your training while still at school. Some institutions offer VET courses, which will give you accreditation towards your apprenticeship studies. Not to mention the knowledge and understanding you will already have first day on the job. Ask your careers advisor for more info, or logon to the Board of Studies website for details of courses.
The MBA offers:
- Expert training, usually with Master Builders Association Members
- TAFE expertise in training and skills development
- A career, leading to your Builders Licence and higher tertiary qualification including the opportunity to undertake a University degree
- Training in Occupational Health and Safety
- Employment incentives
- Careers advice and schools program
- Placements and recruitments.
Current training employment areas covered by our Group Scheme are:
- Construction Carpentry
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Solid Plastering-Cement Rendering
- Painting and Decorating
- Tiling Wall and Floor
- Electrotechnology Assembly and Services
- Plumbing, Gas Fittings & Drainage
- Roof Tiling
- Plastering, Fibrous & Plaster-boards
- Business (Office Administration) Certificates II, III
- Furnishing-Surface finishing operations Certificate II
- Retail Operations Certificate II
- Business Access Certificate II
- Construction Waterproofing Certificate III
- Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles III
Recently, we introduced 2 brand new Traineeships to our company. Now available is a two year Certificate III Construction Waterproofing Traineeship and a three year Certificate III Blinds, Awnings, Security Screens and Grilles Traineeship! These traineeships are both fantastic opportunities to your company or to you as a trainee! Enquiry or apply now!
Sounds like you?
Most of our Group Training apprentices are 17 to 23 years old. Most have access to their own transport, with a majority joining us after they completed their year 12 Higher School Certificate. Our numbers are rapidly growing and we are always looking for enthusiastic and talented people to join our team. But we only accept the very best.
How to register
Please complete our online job registration form.